1. Donate through our Kindest.com campaign
Kindest.com is a free donation platform for nonprofits. Unlike most donation platforms, it does not take a percentage of donations or charge large yearly fees. Kindest.com sustains itself on tips that can be left with your donations. Tips are completely optional. If you do not wish to leave a tip please select the custom tip amount, delete the 5% tip that is autogenerated into the box, and replace it with 00.00.
2. Become a recurring donor
Recurring donations are deducted monthly from your bank account or credit card and can be changed or canceled at any time. Recurring donations are incredibly helpful for FFI because they allow us to better plan our monthly budgets.
- Click here to be directed to our donation page.
- The first donate button is for a $15 monthly recurring donation.
- If you would like to enter a different amount scroll down to the “custom” option.
- For further assistance, feel free to reach us using the contact info in the Helpful Information section at the bottom of this email.
3. Give from your 401K or IRA
Contact your IRA trustee to facilitate the transfer. IRA owners must be age 70.5 or older to make a tax-free charitable contribution. For further information regarding mailing address, bank transfers, and tax ID numbers please see our Helpful Information section at the bottom of this email.
4. Utilize the CARES Act
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act will let taxpayers deduct up to $300 ($600 per couple) in charitable donations from their taxable income. For more information, please refer to these IRS guidelines and consult a tax professional.
5. Shop via AmazonSmile
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
How to donate using AmazonSmile:
- In your internet browser go to https://smile.amazon.com/
- Log in using your Amazon credentials
- After signing in you will be directed to select a charitable organization. Under the heading, “or pick your own charitable organization” pick Friendship Force International
- Select, “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support Friendship Force International.”
- Double-check that the link for donations is set-up properly to benefit FFI.
6. Send a donation directly to FFI
Please see the Helpful Information section below for further information on mailing checks. You can also download an official donation form here.
The tax identification number or EIN for Friendship Force is 58-1287754.
Checks can be mailed to:
Friendship Force International
P.O. Box 570
Asheville, NC 28802